Are you ready to power up your electric car at Tesco? With the rise in popularity of electric vehicles, finding convenient and affordable charging stations is essential. Thankfully, Tesco has stepped up to the plate by offering electric car charging facilities at select locations across the UK. But how much to charge an electric car at Tesco?
In this blog post, we’ll explore everything you need to know about using Tesco’s charging points and provide some useful tips along the way. So buckle up and let’s dive into the world of hassle-free EV charging at Tesco!
How to Use Tesco Electric Car Charging?
Using the Tesco electric car charging stations is a breeze! Here’s a step-by-step guide to get you started:
1. Locate the Charging Station: When you arrive at your local Tesco, keep an eye out for designated parking spots with EV charging signs. These spots are typically located near the entrance or in dedicated parking areas.
2. Check Availability: Before pulling into the spot, check if it’s available using the Tesco mobile app or website. This will save you from any unnecessary waiting time and ensure that you have access to a free charging point.
3. Plug-in Your Vehicle: Once parked, locate the powerpoint rapid charger and remove its protective cover if necessary. Grab your vehicle’s charging cable and connect it securely to both your car and the charger.
4. Start Charging: Most Tesco chargers require you to initiate the charging session through their app or by tapping your membership card on a reader attached to the charger itself. Follow any on-screen prompts or instructions provided.
5. Monitor Charging Progress: While your car charges take note of how much time is remaining until completion and monitor its progress using either your vehicle’s dashboard display or the smartphone app connected to your car.
Remember that each charge may have some variation depending on factors like battery capacity and current charge levels, but generally speaking, Tesco provides ample electricity for most needs!
Step-by-step Instruction Guide to Using Tesco Powerpoint Rapid Charger
- Plugin: When prompted, plug in the Powerpoint Charger Rapid Charger by opening the flap on the upper display.
- Payment: Present your payment card or phone; the handle light turns red, and the upper display flashes. Use Apple Pay or a contactless card, wait for processing.
- Start: Press the Start button on the upper display; the red lock button illuminates. Monitor your remaining battery capacity on the display.
- Shopping Break: Leave for your shopping; progress is displayed on the upper screen.
- Payment Confirmation: Flashing upper display signals payment confirmation. Present your card to the reader.
- Stop: Press the Stop button, wait for the handle click, and the upper display to flash “disconnect.”
- Disconnect: Remove and return the charger. You’re done!
After charging, drive away with a fuller tank of electricity, expecting savings up to 50% on your electric car bill.
Is Tesco Free Electric Car Charging?
No, Tesco’s electric car charging is no longer complimentary; it’s now fee-based, calculated per kWh. These charging stations, situated in Tesco parking lots, entail a usage charge. However, they are open to all electric car owners and offer a convenient option for charging while shopping.
Although Tesco allows free parking for a limited duration, extended parking incurs a fee. To bypass this, synchronise your shopping with car charging to shop and charge concurrently, avoiding extra charges.
Furthermore, Tesco extends a home electric car charging service, ensuring convenient charging at home. With various services aimed at reducing transportation costs, Tesco remains dedicated to assisting electric car owners in saving money. For all electric car needs, Tesco proves to be an excellent shopping destination.
How Much to Charge an Electric Car at Tesco?
When it comes to charging an electric car at Tesco, there are a few factors that can affect the cost. The first factor is the type of charger you use. Tesco offers both standard chargers and rapid chargers. The price per kilowatt-hour (kWh) may vary depending on which charger you choose.
Another factor that determines the cost is whether or not you have a Clubcard with Tesco. If you have a Clubcard, you may be eligible for discounted rates on electric car charging.
To get an accurate idea of how much it will cost to charge your electric car at Tesco, simply check their website or app for current pricing information. They usually display the price per kWh upfront, so there are no surprises when it comes time to pay.
The pricing per kilowatt-hour (kWh) for various chargers offered by Tesco. It’s important to note that the overall cost also hinges on the energy consumption of your particular vehicle during charging.
Here are the rates per kWh for different charger types:
- 7 kW charger: £0.28
- 22 kW charger: £0.40
- 50 kW charger: £0.50
How Long Does It Take To Charge An Electric Car At Tesco?
As more individuals seek to lessen their carbon emissions, the popularity of Tesco electric car charging stations is on the rise. However, the charging time for an electric car at Tesco depends on several factors, such as the charger type and the battery size. At Tesco, you can find Level 2 and Level 3 chargers, which provide quicker charging compared to regular household outlets.
Level 2 chargers can deliver a power output of up to 7 kilowatts, while Level 3 chargers offer a faster rate of up to 50 kilowatts. To accommodate different vehicle types, Tesco also provides adapter plugs. The charging duration primarily hinges on the battery size.
Smaller batteries may require just an hour or two for a full charge, while larger batteries might necessitate four hours or even longer. By utilising Tesco’s electric car charging stations, you can conveniently reduce your carbon footprint. With proper planning, you can ensure that your car remains adequately charged and ready for any journeys ahead.
Tips for Using Tesco Electric Car Charging
You can find electric car charging stations at many Tesco stores throughout the country, providing a convenient way to charge your vehicle while you shop. Here are some helpful tips for using these charging stations:
- Make sure to have your Tesco Club card with you when charging your car. It is required to activate the charger and start the charging process.
- The charging times will vary depending on the type of charger utilised. Level 2 chargers are the fastest, followed by Level 1 chargers. Additionally, Tesco offers a Fast Charge option for specific car models.
- For Tesco Clubcard holders, the use of electric car chargers is free. However, non-members may need to pay a fee to access and utilise the charging stations.
- Once you have finished charging your electric car, remember to unplug the charger from both your vehicle and the socket. It is essential to return the Tesco electric car charger to its storage location before leaving the store.
By following these tips, you can make the most of Tesco’s electric car charging stations, ensuring a seamless and convenient charging experience while you shop.
Charging your electric car at Tesco is a straightforward and efficient process, but there are a few steps you can take to ensure a smooth experience. Here’s how:
- To begin, ensure that your Tesco Clubcard is current and up to date. Your Tesco Clubcard number will be required to initiate the charging process. If you don’t have a Tesco Clubcard yet, you can easily sign up for one on the Tesco website.
- Next, make sure you have the appropriate adapter for your car. While Tesco electric car charging stations are compatible with standard household electrical outlets, you might need a specific adapter for your vehicle. Most auto parts stores carry adapters that can accommodate various car models.
- Prior to charging, it’s advisable to check the weather forecast. Although Tesco electric car charging stations are designed to be weather-resistant, it is generally preferable to charge your car in milder weather conditions for optimal performance.
- If you encounter any issues during the charging process, Tesco customer service is available round the clock to assist you with troubleshooting and resolving any problems that may arise.
By following these tips, charging your electric car at Tesco will be a breeze, providing you with a convenient and hassle-free experience.
Tesco’s electric car charging stations offer an excellent opportunity to contribute towards reducing your carbon footprint. These charging stations are designed to be user-friendly, making the process hassle-free and accessible to all. By taking advantage of these charging facilities, you can make a positive impact on the environment.
With a little bit of planning, it becomes easier to ensure that your electric vehicle is always charged and ready for your journeys. Whether you’re shopping at Tesco or simply making a quick stop, you can conveniently charge your car while going about your daily activities.
Thank you for taking the time to read. Embrace the benefits of Tesco’s electric car charging stations and enjoy the convenience of driving with a reduced carbon footprint.