Are you tired of your Amazon Music subscription and ready to cancel? Whether it’s because you’ve found a new music streaming service or simply want to cut back on expenses, we’ve got you covered. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the step-by-step process of cancelling your Amazon Music subscription in the UK. From iPhones to Alexa devices, we’ll show you exactly what to do no matter how you access your tunes. So grab your headphones, and let’s get started on bidding farewell to Amazon Music!
What is Amazon Music?
Amazon Music is a popular music streaming service offered by the e-commerce giant Amazon. With millions of songs and playlists at your fingertips, it’s like having your own personal DJ! Amazon Music has got you covered whether you’re in the mood for some upbeat pop hits or relaxing classical melodies.
One of the standout features of Amazon Music is its vast library of music. From chart-topping artists to indie gems, there’s something for everyone. You can explore different genres and discover new tunes that match your taste perfectly.
What sets Amazon Music apart from other streaming services is its exclusive content. They offer original podcasts, live performances, and even audio commentary from the artists, giving fans an extra dose of behind-the-scenes insights and entertainment.
So whether you’re jamming out during a workout session or setting the mood for a cosy night in, Amazon Music provides the ultimate soundtrack to suit every occasion. And now that we’ve explored what this platform has to offer, let’s delve into how exactly we can cancel our subscription when it’s time to move on.
Benefits of Amazon Music Subscription
With an Amazon Music subscription, you gain access to a vast library of music spanning various genres and artists. Whether you’re into the latest chart-toppers or prefer exploring lesser-known artists, Amazon Music has something for everyone.
- One of the key benefits of this service is unlimited streaming with no ads interrupting your listening experience. You can enjoy your favourite tracks without distractions, immersing yourself fully in the music.
- Another advantage is offline listening. With Amazon Music, you can download songs and playlists directly to your device and listen to them even when you don’t have an internet connection. This feature comes in handy during long flights or road trips when connectivity may be limited.
- Amazon Music also provides customised recommendations depending on your listening preferences. The more you use the service, the better it becomes at suggesting new songs and artists that align with your musical preferences.
Moreover, an Amazon Music subscription lets you stream music across multiple devices simultaneously. So whether you’re at home on Alexa-enabled devices or on the go with your smartphone, you can easily access your favourite tunes wherever and whenever.
How Much is Amazon Music in the UK?
Amazon Music offers various subscription plans in the UK, catering to different needs and preferences of music lovers.
For individual listeners, Amazon Music Unlimited is available for Prime members at £9.99 per month or £10.99 per month for Non-prime members. This allows unlimited access to a vast library of songs spanning multiple genres and languages.
If you are a student, you can enjoy Amazon Music Unlimited at an even lower price with the Student Plan, costing just £5.99 per month.
Families who want to share their love for music can opt for the Family Plan, priced at £17.99 per month. This plan allows up to six family members to enjoy unlimited streaming simultaneously on their respective devices.
In addition to these plans, Amazon also offers Echo-only subscriptions, which enable users to stream music exclusively on their Alexa-enabled devices like Echo Dot or Echo Show.
Amazon Music’s pricing options cater to diverse user preferences while providing excellent value for money and ensuring that there is something suitable for everyone’s musical tastes and budget in the UK market.
How to Cancel Amazon Music?
Amazon Music is a popular streaming service that allows users to listen to their favourite music anytime, anywhere. However, there may come a time when you decide to cancel your Amazon music subscription for various reasons. Whether it’s because you’ve found another music streaming platform or want to cut back on expenses, cancelling Amazon Music is a straightforward process.
To cancel your Amazon Music subscription on an Android device, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Amazon Music app on your Android device.
- Tap on the “My Music” tab at the screen’s bottom.
- Tap the gear symbol in the top-right area to open the Settings menu.
- Go to the Settings menu and choose “Amazon Music Unlimited.”
- On the next page, you will see your subscription details. Tap on “Cancel Subscription.”
- Amazon may offer you alternative plans or options to consider before cancelling. If you still wish to proceed with cancellation, tap on “Continue to Cancel.”
- A confirmation pop-up will appear, providing information about what will happen when your subscription is cancelled. Read through it, and if you’re certain, tap on “Cancel Subscription.”
How to Cancel Amazon Music on iPhone?
If you’re an iPhone user and want to cancel your Amazon Music subscription, don’t worry – the process is simple and straightforward. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to cancel Amazon Music on iPhone.
- Open the Amazon Music app on your iPhone. Then, tap on the “My Music” tab at the screen’s bottom. Scroll down until you see “Settings,” which is represented by a gear icon.
- Tap on “Settings,” and within this menu, select “Amazon Music Unlimited.” You’ll find an option called “Cancel Subscription.” Tap on it.
- For verification, you may be asked to enter your Apple ID password or utilise Touch ID/Face ID. Follow the necessary steps according to your device settings.
- After confirming your cancellation request, you should receive a notification that your subscription has been successfully cancelled. It’s important to note that once cancelled, you will no longer have access to any benefits associated with Amazon Music Unlimited.
- Remember, if you change your mind in the future and wish to re-subscribe or explore other music streaming options available through Amazon Prime or elsewhere, simply revisit these steps!
How to Cancel Amazon Music on Alexa?
One of the great features of Amazon Music is its compatibility with Alexa, Amazon’s virtual assistant. If you’re an avid user of Amazon Music and have been using it through your Alexa device but now want to cancel your subscription, don’t worry! It’s a simple procedure that can be completed in just a few stages.
To cancel your Amazon Music subscription using Alexa, you can follow these steps:
- Start by saying, “Alexa, open Amazon Music.” This will launch the Amazon Music skill on your Alexa-enabled device.
- Once the Amazon Music skill is open, say, “Cancel my Amazon Music Unlimited subscription.” Alexa will confirm if you want to proceed with the cancellation.
- Respond with a “Yes” or “Confirm” to finalize the cancellation.
- Alexa will then provide confirmation that your Amazon Music Unlimited subscription has been cancelled.
Alternatively, if you prefer a visual approach, you can follow these steps:
- On your mobile device, launch the Amazon Alexa app.
- In the top-left corner of the screen, tap on the hamburger menu icon (three horizontal lines).
- From the menu, select “Settings.”
- Tap on “Music & Podcasts.” This will show you a list of music services, including Amazon Music.
- Tap on “Amazon Music.”
- On the next page, tap on “Cancel Subscription.”
- A confirmation message will appear. Read through it, and if you’re certain, tap on “Cancel Subscription.”
By following these steps, you should be able to successfully cancel your Amazon Music subscription using Alexa.
Will I Lose Amazon Music if I Cancel Prime?
If you cancel your Amazon Prime membership, you will lose access to Amazon Music Unlimited. Amazon Music Unlimited is a separate subscription service that is included as a benefit with an active Amazon Prime membership. When you cancel your Prime membership, you will no longer have access to its associated benefits, including Amazon Music Unlimited. However, if you only have a standalone Amazon Music Unlimited subscription and not an Amazon Prime membership, cancelling your Amazon Music Unlimited subscription will not affect your Prime membership or any other services associated with it.
In conclusion, cancelling your Amazon Music subscription in the UK is a simple process that can be done with just a few clicks. By following our step-by-step guide, you can easily end your subscription and avoid being charged for another month. Whether you are looking to switch to a different streaming service like Spotify Premium or simply taking a break from music subscriptions altogether, we hope this guide has been helpful in navigating through the cancellation process on Amazon Music. Thank you for choosing us as your go-to source for all things music-related. Happy listening!